Signed in as:
Signed in as:
WHEREAS, It is the express purpose of God, our Heavenly Father, to call out of the world a saved people, who shall constitute the Church of Jesus Christ, built and established upon the foundations of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone; and
WHEREAS, The members of the Church of Jesus Christ, are enjoined to assemble themselves together for worship, fellowship, counsel and instruction in the Word of God and for the exercise of those spiritual gifts and offices set forth in the New Testament;
BE IT RESOLVED, That we recognize ourselves as a body of Christian believers according to the Scriptural plan for the local assembly, in order that we may worship God as a united body, exercising all our inalienable rights and privileges granted to a religious body by the Constitution of the United States.
The teachings of The Church are reflected in the following clear statements of faith:
1. We believe in the inspiration of the Scriptures as originally given. The Scriptures are infallible and the sole and final authority for all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as One .God existing in Three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible.
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very Man.
4. We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared unto His disciples.
5. We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation, and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for His Church.
6. We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins.
7. We believe in water baptism by immersion in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in order to fulfill the command of the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a real experience at or subsequent to salvation.
9. We believe in the operation of the Gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in.
10. We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as expressing the true Christian faith.
11. We believe in the healing of the body by Divine power, or Divine healing in its varied aspects.
12. We believe in the Holy Communion or the Lord's Supper, for believers.
13. We believe in the reality and personality of the devil and eternal judgment in the lake of fire for the devil and his angels.
14. We believe in eternal life for believers, and eternal punishment for the unbelievers.
15. We believe that there is one universal Church, made up of genuine believers, but this one universal Church is also composed of many local Churches. These Churches are under the sovereign Headship of the Lord Jesus Christ.
16. We believe that Government is ordained by God, and the powers that be are ordained as ministers of God to us for good. To resist the powers and ordinances is to resist the ordinance of God. We are subject not only for wrath sake but for conscience sake, rendering to all their dues, custom to whom custom, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. We declare our loyalty to our Government and its leaders and will assist in every way possible consistent with our faith in the Scriptures as Christian citizens.
St. Martin Church of Christ, Inc.
2118 Madison Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21217, United States
Copyright © 2019 St. Martin Church of Christ, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder